Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day Two

Project Joy Day Two

Today I am thankful for retrospect. There was a time early in my career when I was fresh out of school where I began to doubt my judgement and abilities. Let me rephrase that - other people's questioning of my abilities made me question myself. Other people's doubt made me begin to doubt myself. What I should have done was block those negative voices out and pushed on to prove to them what I already knew - I could do it. I was good enough. But instead I let those seeds of doubt blossom into more doubt, anxiety, and general distrust of myself and my skills. It took a long time before I finally came full circle to feel confident in myself once again. Today I received a compliment about my skills from a patient, and it made me realize how I have come around - not that my skills were never there, but that my confidence is solid now. It makes me realize it wasn't me who wasn't good enough. I was always good enough, they just didn't see it. But I see it now. I am so thankful to no longer have those feelings of doubt and to feel confident, competent, and happy in my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment