Thursday, November 28, 2013

Day Twenty Six

Project Joy Day Twenty Six

I am thankful for those people who convince me to spoil myself. You would think based upon the travel and vacations we take that I have no problem spoiling myself. But. I'm actually a huge cheapskate, and I assure you that although we travel a lot, most of it is done on the cheap, through deals I find, and not extravagant in any way. A higher quantity than some, yes, but extravagant no. Like I had talked about during our cruise, sometimes I see things which I think are really neat and I want, but I don't buy them for myself (mainly because I'm cheap, and I'm not a huge shopper). My mom sent me an email with a link to a news article which announce that Monty Python was going to perform their first live stage show since 1980. I am a HUGE Monty Python fan. I find their material hilarious. In fact, some friends and I performed Monty Python skits at both the region and state level for drama in high school. Love Monty Python. So, the fact they were going to perform for the first time in 33 years, and I just happen to already be in Europe... well, I wanted to go. Tickets went on sale while Josh and I were working, but he spent his lunch hour hunting online for tickets. It is no surprise that the website for the ticket sales was overwhelmed, slow moving, and that tickets sold out in a matter of minutes. However, there were still some "platinum" tickets available for purchase, they were only more expensive than the regular tickets. I was bummed about not getting tickets, and was talking with one of the girls I work with about how badly I wanted to go to the show. She told me it was probably a once in a lifetime thing, and if I really liked Monty Python that much, I should probably just buy the tickets. So... I did. I kind of vomit in my mouth a little every time I think of the price tag I paid for said tickets... but the excitement I have over this amazing opportunity I have outweighs my buyers guilt. I am so glad someone convinced me to go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment