Saturday, November 9, 2013

Day Eight

Project Joy Day Eight

A day late and a dollar short. But, yesterday on the real day eight I was thankful for my best friend Jen. I have known Jen since I was three and we grew up on the same street. Not all childhood friends stay friends. Sometimes they grow apart. We haven't. Although my living overseas can sometimes make communicating difficult, or we go through longer times without talking, I know that no matter what she is there. Even if it has been months since we've spoke on the phone, if I really need here she is there, no questions asked. Yesterday was her birthday, and I was feeling a bit sad I wasn't there to share it with her. But instead I channeled those emotions into being grateful for having an amazing lifelong friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment