Thursday, November 28, 2013

Day Twenty Eight

Project Joy Day Twenty Eight 

Today is Thanksgiving! I really can't believe how quickly this month has passed. It doesn't seem real that Thanksgiving is here. Everyone is still sleeping while I'm awake, drinking coffee and working away on my blog. We we leave in a few hours to drive to Berlin to start another whirl-wind trip through Germany. Today won't be a typical Thanksgiving, it will be the second non-traditional Thanksgiving I've had (the first being when I was in high school and we went to a luau in Hawaii). We'll drive to Berlin (which will be about six hours if we're lucky) and then have dinner at the Berlin TV Tower. Not the typical Thanksgivings I grew up with, or that I have had in Germany the last two years... but that is okay. I have Josh, I have my parents, and I am excited for the special time we get to spend together. We have some amazing travel plans ahead of us (if I do say so myself), and I am constantly reminded and thankful of the opportunities I have while I am here in Germany. There are times that living in a foreign country where I don't fluently speak the language is frustrating and a bit scary. I have moments where I am homesick, miss my family, and want to go back to Montana. But then I remember all of the amazing things I have had a chance to see, do, and experience while I've been here - certainly more than I ever would had I stayed in Montana. I am lucky to have Josh - to me the epitome of love and patience. We are fortunate Josh has a job where he is paid, we have a safe, warm home, food to eat, and medical care. I am fortunate to have a job. We are so lucky to be able to travel like we do. I am grateful to have parents who are willing and able to come visit me - I can't tell you how many patients I have whose family has not come to visit and never will. This is my mom's fourth trip to Germany. I am a lucky, fortunate, grateful girl. Amen. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone - I hope you are as blessed as I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment