Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Day Twelve

Project Joy Day Twelve 

Continuing on a bit from yesterday's thought.. Today I am thankful for the things we are able to do - in this case I'm talking specifically about the ability to buy gifts for others. I can remember times in my life when I was in college, or first starting out working, when I had a pretty tight budget and was always searching for the cheapest possible present for people to get the most bang for my buck. I remember wishing I could get people something special, something bigger, something they really wanted... but it just wasn't possible for me to do at that time. There is definitely a part of me who is a cheap sake and I am always trying to find good deals. But now I am able to have a bit of a bigger budget, I can get people something more expensive if that is what they are wanting. I am also able to include more people in my gift giving circle - although sometimes living overseas with shipping this closes my circle quiet a bit as well. I have dear friends whom I haven't sent a Christmas gift to in years (whoops). Yesterday we spent part of our day out Christmas shopping for some friends and had a blast picking out toys and games. It felt so good to know we are able to spoil other people, and to know they will enjoy what we are sending. So I am thankful to be able to share with others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment