Sunday, November 17, 2013

Day Seventeen

Project Joy Day Seventeen

Today, I am thankful for decorations and decorating for holidays. I love, love, love Christmas. Love it. I always have. My mom used to decorate for all holidays, but I have fond memories of how our house was decorated for Christmas. I remember helping my mom decorate our Christmas tree, setting out the nativity scene, and watching my dad hang up Christmas lights outside. We also did lots of activities throughout December to celebrate, like making sugar cookies and holiday treats. Christmas was an all-around joyful season at our house. I don't quite decorate as much as my mom did (only because I've been an "adult" for a limited time and don't have as much stuff as she does). But. I like to decorate. I get very excited about the prospect of decorating. I knew I wanted to decorate my house before my parents arrived, so I decided today was the day. I don't always love the work that goes into decorating (for instance I had to deep clean the area where I was going to put the tree), but I love the end result. I also love hanging ornaments on the tree while Christmas music plays in the background. Josh doesn't love Christmas as much as I do, but he is understanding of my love and helps out quite a bit. I'm appreciate of his help... because now my house is about 80% decorated and I am so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment