Saturday, November 23, 2013

Day Twenty Three

Project Joy Day Twenty Three

Today, I am reminded of how thankful I am to live where we do and have the opportunities we do. I just booked a trip for us for Christmas. I was getting a bit frustrated because Josh didn't know when he would be off at Christmas time, but I knew what days I would have off. I have decided I'm doing zero hosting this year - no Thanksgiving, no Christmas. We have plans for Thanksgiving with my parents. But we didn't have any plans for Christmas, and I wanted to find something neat for us to do. I have been research for awhile, and found what I wanted to do, I was just waiting to confirm what Josh's days off were. He found out yesterday what his days off will be, and this morning I got an email offering a hotel at the exact place where I was wanting to go. It was like fate. So. For Christmas we will be going to Rotterdam in the Netherlands. Rotterdam is a place Josh has wanted to go to for awhile now - a friend's wife had told him it was the place to go. There are some interesting things to do/see around the city, and things will be open on Christmas Eve. What sold me on this Rotterdam for Christmas idea was when I found tickets for the Rotterdam Christmas Circus. Yes. Christmas. Circus. Booked. Done. BOOM. Christmas Circus.

No comments:

Post a Comment