Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day Twenty

Project Joy Day Twenty 

Today, I am thankful for Josh again... but today I'm thankful for him being my soundboard. I feel I am able to look at a situation from both sides of an argument, and often times I can argue points on both sides of an argument. This is great when you're being a critical thinker, but it's not so great when you are trying to make a decision. It makes you indecisive, and I hate being indecisive. My indecisiveness often gives me anxiety because I start to worry I made the "wrong" choice on what I chose. Ugh, the life of me. Anyway, it helps me sometimes to talk something out - to explain the whole situations/story, and then explain what I agree with on both sides of an argument. Sometimes just hearing it out loud helps me to get a better idea of how I truly feel about a topic, or it helps me to see things more clearly. Josh is my soundboard frequently, and last night he got a real earful from me. He is an excellent soundboard because he listens without speaking (what an amazing quality... one I wish I had), and when he does speak he asks me some great thought provoking questions. I just feel better sorting out things out loud with him sometimes, and he is so good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment