Sunday, November 10, 2013

Day Ten

Project Joy Day Ten 

Today I am thankful for my cats. You knew this was coming at some point, right? Ha ha. But I am serious. There is something special about the unconditional love and affection of a pet that can lift your spirits, making a bad day seem better. When I get home from work and I'm tired, worn out, and all I want to do is go to bed I'm met with such eager little faces which ask for pets. It melts my heart every time. One of my favorite morning rituals is spending time with Vega. Even on work days I spend some time with her sitting on my living room floor drinking coffee while I brush her. She loves it, and I enjoy the quiet time I have by myself each morning. It makes for a calm start to the day. On the days I work I am only able to hang out about 20 minutes - this does mean I'm up 20 minutes earlier than I need to be, but to me it is worth it. On non-work days like today my coffee/brush time with Vega can stretch out as long as she wants. Right now I'm enjoying my second cup of coffee, and the house is quiet except for the sound of Vega's purrs. I feel relaxed, happy, and content. Not to mention loved. I am so grateful for these moments I get to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment