Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Let it snow!

I love seasons. I love living in an area where we have four seasons. There are parts I dislike about each season, but there are also things I love. I try to mostly focus on the love. I enjoy watching the leaves change from green to yellow, red, and orange before they fall. I love the way the leaves look when they do fall on the ground. We've had a beautiful fall here. Now the temperature has dropped and fall is starting to creep towards winter. At this time of year I'm always excited about the prospect of winter and the first snow. To me snow signals the upcoming holidays - Thanksgiving, Christmas - full of delicious scents coming from the kitchen, friends, family... just a great time of year.

Yesterday was a cold, blustery day. We had rain which I kept hoping would turn into snow. It never did, but I was watching and waiting for it to happen.
We currently have no heat. I am quite mad about this, but me being mad I'll save to talk about another time. Although I was mad, I decided to build a roaring fire yesterday to heat up the house. And heat the house it did. The house went from being cold be cozy in a matter of minutes. Puckey liked it too


Oh the weather outside is frightful, 
but the fire is so delightful.
And since we've no place to go...
Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

Yes I realize it is only Halloween and I'm singing Christmas songs. I love Christmas. Get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment