Tuesday, December 6, 2011

First Day of School

Today is my first official day as a graduate student. It seems too soon, I know. I thought so too. With my program it is an open enrollment since it is all online. I was looking online yesterday to try to figure out how to register for classes (or which classes to take) since the Spring 2012 semester is fast approaching... and I discovered that upon registering for my classes, I only insert a start date... and from that date I have four months to complete said course. At first I was a bit perturbed. When do I want to start? Do I start now? Should I wait for the new year? After a few minutes of debating with myself I said "screw it" and signed up to start today.

My morning has been filled with a LOT of printing and organizing (somehow I forgot about that part of school). I've also watched two video lectures. It wasn't quite as painful or boring as I thought it would be. In fact I followed along and paid attention, which is more than I could say for myself during parts of my undergrad. The biggest challenge thus far is the cats. Somehow a laptop on my lap is a sign that they need to try and also sit on my lap... or beg for attention... This could be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment