Saturday, December 24, 2011

25 Christmas Questions

I saw this on someone else's blog... and it's too fun to not fill out.

25 Christmas Questions

1). Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? 
Hot chocolate. I'm really not an eggnog person... in fact I think about one sip out of someone else's cup is almost too much. 

2). Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? 
Santa always just left the presents under the tree... and well, he had to be able to know which presents were mine quickly without having to worry about looking at the gift wrap tag. Santa was just too lazy to wrap presents, and I agree with that tradition...

3). Colored lights on a tree/house or white? 
I have a pre-lit fake tree which has colored lights, however since my tree is 110 volt ... we put some white 220v lights on it. I don't really care, I just generally like lights. I've got a little Clark Griswald in me. 

4). Do you hang mistletoe? 
No. I don't even know what it looks like. 

5). When do you hang your decorations up? 
The day after Thanksgiving. Yes. You read that right. 

6). What is your favorite holiday dish (except dessert)? 
It is a tie between my Grandma Shirley's cranberries and green bean casserole 

7). Favorite holiday memory as a child? 
Hmmm. This is very tough. I have so many... We always had a real tree growing up, and we would go out in the woods as a family to find it every year. It was always a beautiful snowy day, and we would take some time to go sledding while finding the tree. 

8). What is on your Christmas wish list? 
Umm, I never really make a list. I'm just happy with whatever I get.
9). Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? 
As children we did - mostly because we would open presents at one grandparent's house, then Christmas Day we would go to another grandparent's house to open more presents. As an adult no, I wait until Christmas morning to open presents.

10). How do you decorate your Christmas tree? 
In no particular order with Christmas music playing in the background. 

11). Snow? Love it or dread it? 
Love. Love love love. 

12). Real tree or fake tree?
We always had a real tree growing up, and I prefer them. However, I have a fake one... somehow I feel cats and trees don't mix. 

13). Do you remember your favorite gift? 
It changes each year. I remember lots of wonderful, thoughtful gifts. 

14). What's the most important thing about Christmas for you? 
Spending time with family. 

15). What is your favorite holiday dessert? 
Pumpkin pie. 

16). What is your favorite tradition? 
Making and decorating sugar cookies with my mom. 

17). What tops your tree? 
At the moment nothing. I should probably remedy that with post-Christmas sale shopping. 

18). Do you prefer giving or receiving? 
It is such a wonderful feeling to know you picked out a present for someone that they truly love.

19). What is your favorite Christmas song? 
White Christmas performed by The Drifters 

20). Candy canes. Yuck or yum? 
Yuck. 

21). Favorite Christmas movie? 
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. 

22). What do you leave for Santa? 
Nothing. 

23). Do you have a Christmas morning tradition? 
Wake up (usually early, but not on purpose), eat cinnamon rolls, and open presents.

24). Do you like to shop online or at the mall? 
I prefer at the mall because I like to have something in hand and not have to worry about it getting delivered in time. However, there really isn't a mall for me to shop at... so I've been doing more online shopping in the last few months 

25). Christmas letter or Christmas card?
I like to receive either. I like that someone thought enough about me to send me a card/letter. Letters are always more fun because you get more info about the person and what has been going on in their life. However, I'm too lazy to send out either.

No comments:

Post a Comment