Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween Party

I worked on Saturday (insert large sigh here), which isn't my favorite thing to do... but after work one of my co-workers hosted a Halloween party. This is the first Halloween party we've attended since we've lived over here. We've been invited to a few, but the invitations either haven't worked out timing wise, or they have been too last minute for us to make plans to go. This party, however, I had about a month to plan for. But I didn't. Sadly, I'm not on of those people who searches for ideas of a costume, then spends countless hours assembling the pieces. Hats off to those of you who are that kind of person, because your costumes usually rock. I am just not that creative. I'm also incredibly lazy. I was also spoiled as a child, and my mother who is incredibly crafty and creative made me my costumes (which were always awesome). I find myself between a rock and a hard place - I won't spend the money to order a costume online, but I don't want to take the time to construct one from scratch. For this party I had originally thought I would spend the time/effort to come up with costumes for Josh and I... but that thought went out the window when we got home from our cruise. I was tired and had other things to do. Fast forward to two days before the party and I was scrambling to come up with ideas which would be easy and require no work. I finally came up with some, and they were a huge hit.

Presenting the crazy cat lady and white trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment