Friday, June 1, 2012

Care Packages

When Josh was away in Korea, I tried to send him care packages at least once every other month (sometimes a bit more frequent). Most of the time these packages were more full of joke things, because there was never anything he really needed. I believe I always included a pair of silly boxers and Snack Pack pudding in each box. Anything he needed he could buy, he didn't need me to send him stuff. But. It was a way to show him I was thinking of him, missing him, and that I cared.

Since I've been in Germany my mom has sent a steady supply of care packages. Sometimes they contain things I ask her to find for me (that I can't seem to find over here) or things she's heard me say I need to look for/find. Other times the packages are full of little things I'm sure she has bought knowing I would like them. My mom did the same thing for me when I first went off to college. It's not that I desperately needed any of the things she sent me. But it is nice to get mail (and to get mail that wasn't a bill) and nice to know someone is thinking of me.

My mom really outdid herself this time. We received one of the best care packages to date today. The purpose of the package was to send me a photo book I had made of our trip (which had been sent to my parent's house). However, included in this package was some nail polish, huckleberry gummie bears, a new toy for the cats, bright colored crazy socks for me, a handheld game, a My Little Pony coloring book and a new box of crayons, and a squirt gun for Josh.



The squirt gun came with instructions from my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment