Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Pink Little Piece of Heaven

Last weekend was our fall bazaar on base. There is a bazaar in the fall and one in the spring. This has been our third bazaar. By now we can see all of the vendors which are always there and what things you can consistently buy. For example there are always lots of wine vendors, Dutch cheese vendors, lots of antiques/handicrafts, ect. I always look forward to the wine vendors, even if the same vendors are there every single time. Now having gone for my third time, some of the handicrafts or other products have lost their unique appeal... or I just don't really care one way or another that they are there.

However.

Josh did find a treasure for me this time around. He volunteered for a shift during the bazaar, and ended up wandering around mopping up the floor as it was raining and the roof leaked. He ended up talking to an Italian vendor for awhile, and she made him a cup of espresso. When we were in Italy Josh loved espresso. I like espresso, but I'm a weeny and need to add water or flavored creamer to it as it's a bit too ka-pow for me. The women used a little stove-top espresso pot (which she was selling). Josh was hooked on the idea of getting one. When he saw they had a hot pink one, well, he decided it was an even better one to get one for me (even though I think he wanted it as much for himself as for me).

I am more than positive you can buy things like this in the states, I just never paid attention before this.

As you can see, the little pot goes right on the stove burner. The black bottom fills with water. On top of the water is wear you add fine coffee grounds (I still need to go get some actual Italian espresso). Turn on the burner - in less than 5 minutes the water boils up into the pink pot and presto-chango you have espresso.

Bing bang boom, that's how babies are made. 

This pot is just a little piece of heaven - even if I do need to add flavored creamer to mine. Such a wonderful addition to a lazy Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment