Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Change of Plans

Josh and I have been keeping ourselves busy thus far in 2014. It has been our goal to do something every weekend I am not working. We have been doing well in this "goal" staying busy. It has been fun to plan - a lot of work, but fun. I've got things planned out for us from now until August. Yes, August.

But.

A small change of plans.

I had a beautiful new niece who arrived in the world. We didn't know until she arrived if she was a he or a she - surprise! A healthy baby girl! My parents kept me in the loop of the labor/delivery, and my whole family sent me pictures. As soon as I saw pictures of her, I was struck with emotions. I was happy to know she was here, but I was also sad. When my older niece Zoey was born, I got to meet her and hold her within a week of her birth. When would I have a chance to see this little one? How different would she look when I finally saw her? There is so much I was going to miss. I hate that feeling.

So. To make a short story even shorter... I went home to meet her. It was a brief trip, much shorter than my usual trip. I had decided to keep this trip on the "down low" to focus my time with family. Part of me was sad - normally when I come home I try to see as many people as possible and catch up with my friends. This trip wasn't like that. I met my new niece Brooke. I got to play with Zoey. I had a chance to hang out with my brother and sister-in-law. I got to see my parents. And, as a wonderful addition, my aunts and cousins drove over as well. My family!! This trip was exactly what I needed to soothe my sad heart. Too fast of a trip, but wonderful.



After my whirlwind trip home... I stepped off the plane and back to work the next day. I'm currently attempt to get caught up on laundry, cleaning my house, and trying to get back on track... because we are off on another adventure next weekend. It was a brief interruption in our travel schedule, but so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment