Friday, February 7, 2014

Happy Birthday... TO ME!

February 6th. It's a pretty important day, or at least I think it is. It is my birthday after all! Birthdays come every year, but each year my birthday is different. I have never celebrated in the same way, or really with the same people, which is part of what makes each birthday special.








This year I had to work on my birthday. Not the first time I've done it, and it wasn't too big of a deal for me to work. It was actually the first birthday I have worked since I have been in Germany. The advantage of working was I was up early enough to call both my mom and my aunt. So although it was 9 PM in Montana, it was 5 AM in Germany, so I got to hear "Happy Birthday" sung to me twice from two of my favorite people (who also happen to be "traditional" birthday singers). It made my breakfast coffee that much better.








I worked. Nothing really to say about that... however. I am fortunate to work with some sweet, caring people. I received many thoughtful cards, a gift, and someone made me a kitty birthday cake. It turned out delicious - and so cute! Apparently my blog doesn't like the pictures I have as it won't let me upload them... SIGH.




After work I went home and was spoiled with some gifts my parents and brother had sent, and some more birthday cards. When you're a kid you don't care about birthday cards. As an adult you appreciate being thought of. I felt loved.




I haven't had much to say of late - after many non-stop weekends I've been working and gearing up for our cruise. We leave this weekend for a few days in Barcelona before we start our cruise with stops in Morocco and the Canary Islands. I am looking forward to having a break, getting away, and seeing some sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment