Thursday, June 19, 2014

Bucket List - Aerosmith

I hope everyone has a bucket list. Make a list of things "to do" before you die - things to see, activities to participate in, events to experience. Have goals and then seek them out, accomplish them. My bucket list always seems to grow - it never shrinks, even as I check things off the list, because as I check one thing off, I seem to add about four more items. Which is okay. I kind of like it that way.

I got to experience one of the most amazing bucket list items, something I have been waiting for since I was 16. I got to see Aerosmith live in concert. My all-time favorite band. I have been keeping an eye on European concert tours, just watching to see who comes over and when. I saw Aerosmith was doing a European tour, and it just so happened one of the stops was in Dortmund, about two hours from our house. Sold. Done. End of story.

I felt like I had been waiting for the concert to arrive for endless months... and then suddenly the day was here. I was excited for the the day to end and for the concert to arrive. I had to work a half day, but left work early to drive home and get ready to leave for the concert. Josh got off work early and rushed home. We were on the road by four, and good thing, because we got stuck in construction and traffic. What should have been a 2.5 hour trip turned into almost 4. I was getting stressed out and anxious thinking we were never going to make it to the concert... but we did. We made it on time.

As soon as we got to our seats the opening band started. They weren't great... the entire time they played I felt like it was simply wasting time I could have had watching Aerosmith. Hurry up, shut up, and get off the stage. Finally the time arrived - here we go!!! What an amazing feeling to watch them come out on stage and hear the music start. I feel for the first part of the concert I was simply in awe of what was happening. Starstruck. But then my excitement caught up to me... and the rest of the concert was over too fast.




Amazing. Simply amazing. I SAW AEROSMITH!!  I am so fortunate to be able to see my favorite band in concert. Bucket list - CHECK!

If you don't have a bucket list, make one. Life is short, live it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment