Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"To Do"

Josh is gone for six weeks to NCOA - Non-Commissioned Officers' Academy. It is a school he has to go to for his newest rank (even though he got that rank over a year ago.. the school for it is a little delayed). NCOA is located down in Ramstein - so for once (in theory) we would be at the same base for work. However, he is staying in the dorms on base and has a fair amount of homework to do. I also am not working my usual full schedule (perfect timing) and have more days off. So although he isn't far away and I have opportunities to see him... well, it will probably still be a long six weeks. However, I have been making a list of things for myself to get busy with while he is gone. Get busy, or stay busy. For the first three weeks he is gone I don't have any classes as school starts back on August 22nd, so I'm determined to really take advantage of these extra days I have.

My List of Things To Do:
  • Crafts. I enjoy doing crafts of any sort and I tend do go in phases of being crafty. With school and work I haven't really been crafty in a long time. Pinterest (yes, I have been sucked into that website like so many. It's a great site, but a time-sucker) gives me endless ideas of things I would love make. So I'm going to give it a shot. I don't have any specific crafts I want to get done... I just want to craft. 
  • Finish my refinish projects. Last year I acquired a wood rocking chair and a bed frame/headboard for free. I got both with the intention of refinishing them. I got started on the rocking chair (and got a good portion of it done) but got delayed as I was waiting to find some tools (I was seeking a dual voltage dremel tool. Turns out... no one in the world has ever needed a dual voltage one, so I had to decide to get either a 110 or a 220 voltage) and then the weather turned nasty, I started working, ect., ect., (insert other excuses here). I never even touched the bed. It just sits in our garage (which we only use as storage anyways) taking up space. So I determined to get going on those projects. Maybe announcing it to the world will force me to stick with it and finish it off. 
  • Deep clean. I will admit right now my house is a disaster. In the last few weeks with school I was simply doing the bare minimum amount of cleaning to get by. My house is in need of a good deep cleaning. I also am needing to go through some things to do some purging. Time to clear out some things we don't use and free up some space.
  • Read. Read. Read. Read. Read. Read books which are not textbooks.
Here is to spare time which will hopefully be spent wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment