Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Attack of the Bugs

Since my parents left I've been affected with two bugs: the lazybug, and the travelbug. Both of which aren't exactly good...

I had most of the day to myself after dropping my parents off at the airport last Thursday, and I chose to do nothing. I uploaded photos online, blogged, and did nothing. It was nice. I blamed it on being sad. However, this sadness apparently extended into Saturday afternoon and Sunday because I accomplished nothing then either. I sat back and watched the cat hair accumulate on the tile floor (which sounds as gross as it probably is) and couldn't seem to find the motivation to do anything about it. Now I have found myself with a day off, but a filthy house, a stack of dirty dishes, and a pile of laundry to take care of. How do I let myself get into these situations? Again... I'm blaming being sad and missing my parents.

However. We had a fabulous trip. I had a ton of fun with my parents, and we were able to see and do SO MUCH in such a small amount of time. It really has gotten the travelbug in me going. After our trip to Italy in February, I had thought I would have major travelbug itches. I didn't. I think the cold, snowy weather played into it as well as having to get back to school/work. I just didn't think about our next trip the way I usually do. I always seem to be thinking about the next place we can go, or planning out a theoretical trip. But post-Italy and pre-parents I did nothing. However. Now all I can seem to think about is all the places I want to go. I keep thinking (reminding myself) that we are only here for three years. There is a lot of things I want to see and do, and I know I won't be able to see all of them, but I want to see as much as I can. I don't want to waste weekends sitting lazily around the house when there are vineyards to explore, castles to see, shopping to be done. I also blame my infestation of travelbug on the nicer weather we've been having. Currently it is raining... but it has finally warmed up a bit and we've had some sunny days. This definitely makes me want to get out of the house more. Winter hibernation is over, it is time to get out and about.

Josh has Friday off (a somewhat rare occurrence) and as luck would have it I was able to get the day off as well. This leaves us with a full, long weekend to do things. I think I will be lucky to get Josh out of the house on Friday and Saturday, but Sunday will be pushing it. My husband is adventuresome, but he loves having one day in the weekend to just sit. With his job and how hard he works, I can't really blame him. The list of things I could do and want to do with two different day trips is astounding. How will I ever narrow all of my possibilities down?

On top of this weekend, we will be going to Prague for Memorial Day weekend. Josh may be doing some training during the month of June - we won't know for sure for a few more days, unfortunately. This may affect what we are able to go out and do. But, either way, I am hoping for more adventures and much more colorful blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment