Friday, June 17, 2011

The final countdown!

The movers came on Monday. At the moment I am living out of two overflowing suitcases, borrowing pillows, blankets, towels, and sleeping on an air mattress with a leak in it. I start out the night on a some-what normal bed and wake up every morning on the floor. It's as comfortable as it sounds, I assure you. It is the first time since I moved into my house two years ago that it has been this empty. Sounds echo off the bare walls up the stairs. It is strange, and bittersweet. It's hard to believe in no time at all that someone else is going to be living in my house.
My last day of work was Wednesday. Yet another strange and bittersweet moment. Even as I was handing over my keys and leaving the office for the last time it still hadn't sunk in that I wasn't going back. For the first time since graduating college I am unemployed.
The list of things to get done before I leave is getting shorter each day... and the list of people I want to spend time with grows longer. My time here in Missoula is coming to a close and I haven't fully realized it yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment